Reasons to Replace Missing Teeth
There are several reasons why you may need dental implants to replace missing teeth and these will influence your tooth implant cost and total cost of treatment. These reasons include:
- Prevent bone loss
- Reduce the risk of additional tooth loss
- Prevent teeth from shifting
- Strengthen the jaw bone
- Reduce risks linked to bridges and partials
- Reduce stress and pressure on healthy teeth
Dental Implants Cost in Birmingham, AL
Some of the factors that affect tooth implant cost include:
- Number of missing teeth
- If you need more than one tooth replaced, your treatment costs may be higher.
- Bone loss
- Patients with some degree of bone loss may need to undergo a bone graft which can influence the cost of treatment.
- Type of procedure
- Different types of dental implants have varying costs. We can discuss all of your options during your consultation.
- Sinus lift
- Some patients need to have a sinus lift before dental implants can be placed in the upper molar regions successfully.
- Periodontal disease
- Untreated gum disease may require laser gum surgery before dental implants can be placed. This can affect overall tooth implant cost.
- If you need to have teeth removed because they are damaged or otherwise hopeless, your total cost of treatment may be higher.
Receive more information about tooth implant cost and the most ideal tooth replacement procedures for your particular situation in Birmingham, AL. Schedule your appointment with Dr. Kent today!